ECF are hiring!
Job Description – Account Manager
Specialising in stakeholder and community engagement, ECF is a fast-growing consultancy looking for an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join our small, energetic and growing team of specialists. We are currently working with a mix of private and public sector clients on projects including a town centre regeneration, a significant urban development and on construction communications related items.
ECF is based in Old Street and we have a selection of projects that continues to keep the office busy. We are also in the process of establishing a presence in the East of England and we have recently appointed an Associate Director to lead that charge. We also have a Teaming Agreement with Kathy Jones and Associates, based in Australia, that means we work closely with their team of engagement specialists in Sydney and Melbourne.
We are looking for an individual, ideally with previous consultancy experience, who is willing and able to develop strong working relationships with clients, run projects and accounts independently with strategic oversight as well as facilitate workshops and organise meaningful engagement events on the projects we currently have. The ability to generate new business and contribute to our business development strategy would be beneficial, although experience in this is not essential.
· Establish and nurture strong working relationship with clients and stakeholders and develop and maintain an understanding of clients’ commercial objectives
· Help clients achieve their objectives through strategic communications advice and the development of effective strategic programmes
· Manage and deliver projects in collaboration with colleagues at ECF – ensuring projects run smoothly, on time and to budget
· Facilitate workshops, organise and participate in pop-up events and workshops and develop targeted engagement strategies to support the key objectives of the projects
· Organise and attend networking events and pitch meetings.
Essential skills include:
· Project management skills and the ability to work across several projects at the same time
· Ideally, experience of working in a consultancy environment although that does not have to be communications related
· A strong understanding of how stakeholder and community engagement works, including the role that political stakeholders play in determining key investment and planning related decisions
· Excellent writing and good presentation skills
An ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date, although we may interview prior to the close date.
Application Details: Please email your CV and a one-page covering letter to Debbie Street at firstname.lastname@example.org.